I would post this in the QC forum, but it seems mainly for users or
creators rather than cocoa programmers.

1.  Why is there no API for QCPatchController, at least for setting the file
or composition?  This makes it utterly useless for anything but a trivial
app.

2.  Why is there no way to specify a location for compositions in
QCCompositionPickerView, again, making it useless for anything except
repository compositions? (I want my app to keep its own private stash for
specific usage.)

3.  What is the delegate for in QCCompositionPickerView, since there are no
delegate methods?  Is this just convenience for subclasses?

4.  Does anyone know how to bind or set and observer in a composition when
using QCCompositionLayer (and, of course, assuming no QCPatchController)?
The docs are worse that useless here.  Info in the .h file is erroneous.
Nothing I've tried (dang near everything) works. Since it supposedly can be
done using a patch controller (which can't be used here), there must be some
way to set an observer.

5.  Access methods in QCCompositionLayer throw exceptions for the wrong key.
Gee thanks guys.  At least I've learned to preface every access call with
something like:

        if([[compLayer outputKeys]
containsObject:kTerminateCompositionFlag])

just to maintain (my) sanity and allow recovery.

6.  There needs to be someway to automatically ping a newly created
composition so you can reliably read initial status information when
starting it.

    Sorry if a few of those were kind of pointed.  It's been a long
frustrating weekend trying to get some of this stuff to work properly.  Any
answers or ideas would be greatly appreciated.