On Sep 30, 2009, at 16:30:24, Sean McBride wrote:

On 9/30/09 4:22 PM, Rick Mann said:

I'm looking at ways of grouping some Core Data objects in a outline
view. What I have are 3 or 4 different entities, and I want each of
the objects of each type to appear under a parent item in the outline
view.

Currently, I've implemented a simple table view and it's bound to an
array controller that gets the objects from Core Data. Now I want to
expand that same list to handle the other objects, so an outline view
seems natural, with the top level nodes corresponding to the various
types of entities, and the entities existing below.

You could certainly do it without bindings and use the delgate/ datasoure
methods of NSOutlineView.  A bit of a PITA though.

Yeah, I was hoping to use bindings and let core data handle the bulk of the work. Somehow.