On Oct 1, 2009, at 3:32 PM, Jacob Schwartz wrote:

So I have a code segment that turns an NSString that is a file path on my computer into an NSURL, archives the NSURL into NSData, and then puts that into a NSMutableDictionary to be saved in the standardUserDefaults. I can archive and unarchive the NSData with no problem, but if I try to unarchive it after taking out of the dictionary, then it tells me (at least I think that is what gdb is telling me) that it is an NSButton. I have no clue where this could have come from and was hoping someone has had this problem before and fixed it.

There's no way we can possibly answer your question without seeing your code. It *could* be a memory management issue or it could be a mistaken assignment, but there's no way to tell why your code is misbehaving when you haven't actually shown it.

Just post the relevant parts (the storage part and the retrieval part). You don't have to share your whole project, but you *do* have to post the relevant code if you want help debugging it.

--
I.S.