On Oct 7, 2009, at 2:09 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:

I think the best way is to create your own alert panel in a nib and run it modally. That way you have total control — you can set your own window delegate to handle key events, for example.

I had a similar solution beforehand but gave up on it because the layout was painful to control, and the sheet animation wasn't quite right. Future compatibility is an important consideration.

Of course I'm already subclassing NSAlert.