On 9/10/2009, at 2:51 PM, M Pulis wrote:

<Picture 2.png>

Naming a file with leading period is THE traditional unix way of making a file less visible
to the casual observer. OSX is based on unix.
(Actually, isnt OSX the most widely used OS legally able to use the name 'Unix'?)

The dialog message above is wrong. Plain and simple.

I would file a bug, but I just dont care enough. I dont suppose Apple or anybody else does
either.

paulm