Hello list-
I have a document-based application. Each document has a NSArray of phases. Phases is an NSArrayController created in IB and bound to FIle's Owner.phases. When a given phase is selected in the NSTableView (bound to phase controller), then its properties show up in a set of text fields, check boxes, color wells, popup menus, etc., through bindings similar to "Phases.selection.size".

Here is my question: what is the best way to implement undo/redo here? I'd like to enable undo of changes to the settings (like size) that the user makes in the text fields, but they don't go through my code - they are just bound directly to the array. (Note that I do understand that the field editor has its own undo that operates during text editing; that is not what I'm talking about.) Here are some potential avenues I'm considering: 1) Make the document the delegate for all these fields. Then I can get a controlTextDidChange: notification, figure out the current phase, get the object and the value, and post an undo. However, this requires me to implement a whole bunch of setters in my NSDocument subclass that duplicate setters in my phases class, which seems inelegant, to say the least. Also, I don't see an obvious way to do something similar for, say checkboxes. 2) Try to set up KVO (from my document subclass, I guess?) on the NSArrayController to watch for changes, and then register undo operations in the observing method. I would have to be careful not to get into a loop when re-doing the undo operations, though, since I would observe any changes I made during undo. 3) I'm sure there are other ways, but I'm not smart enough to think of them.

Thanks in advance,
Dave