On Oct 10, 2009, at 7:36 AM, DKJ wrote:

I've got an NSArray that I initialise with data from a plist stored on a remote webserver. I've been doing it like this:

NSURL *url = [NSURL URLWithString:@"http://www.server.com/ data.plist"];
        NSArray *myArray = [NSArray arrayWithContentsOfURL:url];

which has been working just fine so far.

But now I'm reading through the "URL Loading System" docs, and wondering if I should be using all the NSURLRequest stuff instead. It's more complicated, so are there any advantages it would have over what I'm doing now?

if it's working well for you, why make things more complicated than necessary. ;-)

NSURLRequest allows you to set and or get extra detail out of a URL, but for stuff like loading an array with a simple URL on a remote server, what you're doing should suffice.

Just make sure myArray isn't null before you do any stuff on it.