> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Also, how do I make it so that the
> frame size increases from the center of the view outwards. Like right now it
> looks like its magnifying from the left to the right. I'm sure theres
> something I need to do with the origin, but I'm not sure.

I'd imagine your mouseExited: isn't being called due to the mouse
being moved too quickly. Your best bet is to restrict your view to
only one magnified grid element at a time. Whenever the mouse moves
over a grid element, reset the previous moused-over view's frame to
the non-magnified value. A good debugging tactic in this situation
would have been putting an NSLog(@"mouse{Entered|Exited}: %p", self);
in your mouseEntered: and mouseExited:. As you moused around your
view, you would've seen something like this:

Moving slow:
  mouseEntered: 0xAAAAAA
  mouseExited: 0xAAAAAA
  mouseEntered: 0xBBBBBB
  mouseExited: 0xBBBBBB

Moving fast:
  mouseEntered: 0xAAAAAA
  mouseExited: 0xBBBBBB
  mouseEntered: 0xCCCCCC
  mouseExited: 0xBBBBBB

(Notice the distinct pairs in the first example, and sporadic results
in the second.)

As far as centering the magnified view: if it's original size is (100,
100) and it's positioned at (50, 50), and it's new size is (130, 130),
then it's new centered position is (35, 35). I'll leave the rest to
you. ;)