On Oct 12, 2009, at 2:27 PM, Ben Trumbull wrote:

It sounds like you're trying to create a tight 1:1 binding between your model objects and controller objects to avoid actually writing a controller layer.

That may be the case. I am currently using an off the shelf NSObjectController and NSArrayController.

This is hard, because you're going in the wrong direction. Put a stake in the ground, that your model objects will never ever call directly into OpenGL.

I have a collection of model objects in a core data store. I enumerate all the objects in the store one by one and draw them. It seems only natural to have the draw method in the model object class. (There are several examples of sample code from Apple and others where the draw method is implemented in the model object.)

So you are saying that I should abandon this and put the draw method somewhere else like in a controller. Perhaps you could fill the picture in a little more for me. So far I have yet to find any sample code that is a document based core data application that uses OpenGL.

Richard