Hi!

In my app I have my MainMenu.xib that contains the toolbar and a custom view that swaps in my other 3 xib (view) files (taken from ViewControlller from Appple's site). Now each of the other 3 views has a webview and a segmented control that allows me to go back and forth and adding this code to the corresponding class files makes it work.

- (IBAction)controlClicked:(id)sender {
    int selectedSegment = [sender selectedSegment];
int clickedSegmentTag = [[sender cell] tagForSegment:selectedSegment];

    switch (clickedSegmentTag)
        {
                case 0:
                        [webView goBack:self];
                        break;

                case 1:
                        [webView goForward:self];
                        break;

But it would be better to have just one segmented control in the toolbar that can go back and forth in any of the views that is swapped in. An alternative would be to have one webview in my MainMenu.xib and let the other 3 views display html there, but that I don't know how to do.

I've googled this for long now and thought that perhaps this would work but it doens't [[webView window] goBack:self];

Any ideas on this one?

--Philip