On 13 Oct 2009, at 19:28, Jens Alfke wrote:

On Oct 13, 2009, at 9:25 AM, jonat...@mugginsoft.com wrote:

But it's not useless in the sense that it provides feedback that the code IS signed. The code merely allows me to detect if I have screwed up my build settings and managed to break the code signing.

Sure, it's useful for that. But when people see the phrase "code signing" they tend to assume it's magic sauce for detecting malicious code, so I wanted to set expectations for others wanting to use that snippet.

I think there is a bit of "magic sauce" to be had in the fact an app signed with a trusted anchor is, as you know, trusted by various subsystems such as the app firewall, keychain, etc.
http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/technotes/tn2007/tn2206.html#TNTAG1

Jonathan Mitchell

Developer
http://www.mugginsoft.com