K, I've reduced the method to

- (NSFileWrapper *)fileWrapperOfType:(NSString *)aType error: (NSError**)errPtr
{
NSFileWrapper* wrapper = [[NSFileWrapper alloc] initDirectoryWithFileWrappers:nil];
    return [wrapper autorelease];
}

and it still produces the same error with no explanation.

I've paid for a support incident - so far I don't feel like I'm getting anything for my money. The guy doesn't answer his phone or call/email me back.

-Todd Blanchard