The user has an NSTableView in which is presented a number of elements ( 1 per row, typically 20 - 200 rows ) out of which they need to produce a number of sequenced sub groups. The user presses the 'Start Sub Group' key ( i.e. clear the sequence selection cache ) and then by picking a possible sequence ( one row/ element at a time ) they build a group. As the group is selected, further info about that particular sub group of elements is presented.
They can close/abort/store a given sub group at any time.

Peter