The Environment:
   (1) iPhone SDK 3.2.1

The Setup:
   (1) UITableViewCell is defined within its own XIB...
        Interface Builder (XIB):
        File's Owner: <Table> View Controller.

(2) UISegmentController's Action Method is defined within the <Table> View Controller; along side
        with: UITableViewDataSource & UITableViewDelegate methods.

(3) Elements of the UITableViewCell XIB are linked with the File's Owner: <Table> View Controller.

-------------------
The Scenario:
I have a UITableView of Cells, each containing one UILabel and one UISegmentedControl. I need to capture BOTH the UISegmentedControl segment index (via ACTION method)
AND the respective table-row number.

-------------------
My Problem:
a) I can capture the UISegmentControl's index via its respective Action Method
    within the <Table> View Controller; but I can not...
   b) capture the ROW number.

However, I can capture ROW identifier IF I click (press) on the background UIView; but I'm
hindered by the UISegmentedControl.

Question:
   What is the best way to do BOTH?

(a) Forwarding the event up the responder chain from within the action method doesn't appear to work.
     Perhaps it's too late.

(b) Making a subclass of the UITableViewCell and handling the event manually could work, but I'll loose the benefit of the UISegmentedControl's action method to determine the index.

Any ideas?

Ric.