On 19-Oct-09, at 5:58 PM, Greg Guerin wrote:

Ben Haller wrote:

1. Superview that does no drawing and is not opaque

        A. Subview #1: a tableview that is opaque
        B. Subview #2: a graph view that is opaque
        C. Subview #3: another graph view that is opaque

Obvious experiment: set the superview to be opaque.

Indeed. Already tried it (right after posting), and it makes no difference. I'd try rearranging the view hierarchy to test the effects of that, but that isn't trivial, because it is arranged programmatically, so I'm hoping someone has already explored this... More generally, I am interested in knowing how this mechanism works, beyond just fixing my immediate problem, so I hope somebody can comment on that more generally. And whether there is any way to affect it, beyond my immediate case. I find nothing in the docs about it.

Ben Haller
Stick Software