Hello Joar Wingfors,

I am performing some operation by detaching the thread and waiting for some process to complete. I am using runloop for waiting purpose.

NSDate instance taking lots of Memory when thread is alive (ie till mShouldThreadAlive set to YES). This can be seen only in snow leopard.

Below is the code snippet...

//New thread selector

-(void)newThread
{
    NSAutoreleasePool *pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc]init];

        //Some operations...

        do  //Keeps thread alive till date
        {
[[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop] runMode:NSDefaultRunLoopMode beforeDate: [NSDate dateWithTimeIntervalSinceNow: 0.1]];

        } while (mShouldThreadAlive); //Waiting for other process to complete

   [pool release];

}

Autoreleased object from [NSDate dateWithTimeIntervalSinceNow: 0.1] is not getting released and taking lots of memory.

Does any one came across this issue in snow leopard??

Or any solution....?

Please Help..