I am sorry, I thought I had explained. Perhaps a little more detail is required in my posting.

I am writing an application which can insert objects into a canvas. The application has an inspector like Dashcode or Interface Builder. Under the ruler view of Interface Builder 3.X there is an autosizing control with "springs" that a user can set to make an object expand when a window / view resizes, or have the control stay to the left, top, right, bottom.

I would like my application to make some use of the same type of control. The user would use the inspector and the sizing control to set constraints on where the image / other object would remain on the screen when the document's window is resized.

Thanks for the heads up on detail, i certainly appreciate it.

Rick