On Oct 21, 2009, at 1:04 PM, Ashley Perrien wrote:

After initiating a connection (getStreamsToHost) I don't get an event that the input stream has bytes available, if I check it, it returns NO but if I go ahead and read it anyway, I get the usual banner.

It sounds like you didn't call -scheduleInRunLoop:forMode: ?

uint8_t *readBuffer;
unsigned int bufferLength;
BOOL gotBuffer = [readStream getBuffer: &readBuffer length: &bufferLength]; The last line always says arguments 1 and/or 2 are incompatible pointer type. I've tried every combination of * and &, no luck.

Try declaring bufferLength as NSUInteger, as it's declared in the docs and header. If that doesn't work you'll have to actually show us the exact error message you got.