On 23/10/2009, at 1:15 PM, Michael de Haan wrote:

In words, ( also tried to do it diagrammatically...see below)
In the dataSource object ( which in this case is a doc subclass) I have declared an array as an Ivar ( I called it "_record_list"). To this array, I added the object created in the AddRecord method of the doc object. That object is the NSMutableDictionary Object, (which uses the returned object from the Record Class init method).

So, ( and I hope this comes out)

So  ---> AddRecord (in doc class) ---> init ( Record Class)

  ↓
Record_object ( with 4 values ) ---> Returned to AddRecord Method -------> Used to create NSMutableDictionary Object ---------> Added to Doc Array----------> Used by TableView as source of display in tableView.

I'm still unclear why there is a (mutable) dictionary in here at all. There's no need to have one. The simplest design is an array of Record_objects, the table can populate itself perfectly well from that (provided the Record_object's properties are identified in the table, which they surely must be).

--Graham