Le 27 oct. 2009 à 21:47, Alexander Cohen a écrit :

On Oct 27, 2009, at 3:42 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:

On Oct 27, 2009, at 12:11 PM, Alexander Cohen wrote:

100% agree with you, and that's what i would normally do. But unfortunately, this time i must wait in the mainthread for the callback. I know it's wrong, but this time i've gotta do it.

Then use a while loop to run the runloop until your callback's been invoked. The reason this is described as wrong is because it blocks the main thread; but if you have to block the main thread, this is the way to do it.

Excellent. I remember reading somewhere that because of changes in 10.6 to the way the runLoop works, it was a bad idea to do this. But for now its working and until someone tells me otherwise, this'll do.

thx

According to the CFRunLoop reference (CFRunLoopRun() discussion to be exact), it is perfectly valid to call a runloop recursively.

«Run loops can be run recursively. You can call CFRunLoopRun from within any run loop callout and create nested run loop activations on the current thread’s call stack.»

If you encounter any issue with this function (but look like it's not the case), fill a radar.

-- Jean-Daniel