Hi all!

I have a strange problem which I can't figure out.

I got an NSTableView binded to an NSArrayController (Values, Sort Descriptors, Selection), which itself is binded to a class' NSMutableSet via the ContentSet binding. The NSTableView is filled via Drag & Drop or File/Open. For an initial insertion of data I set a sortDescriptor, but if the user drags objects around in the NSTableView I remove the sortDescriptors of the NSTableView by setting it to nil.

Everything works fine until the user adds more files with no sortDescriptors being set (e.g. the user d&d'ed objects before). If the user adds objects (again d&d or File/Open, it does not matter) they get added in an undefined order, which I guess is ok since the Model uses an NSSet, but from that time on, moving objects around in the NSTableView via D&D does not work anymore. The objects just stay at the potition they were. Now if the users clicks on the TableView's column to resort it (which is implemented by myself not via the NSTableViewColumn option in IB) D&D works again. Well until he adds files again.

Bottom line: Everytime Objects get added in a state when sortDescriptors are nil (or empty), D&D does not work anymore.

I access and change the model only through the NSArrayController's methods. I implemented the D&D via removing and inserting the objects in the arrangedObjects attribute of the NSArrayController, using the standard Methods (removeObjectAtArrangedObjectsIndex and so on).

I hope anybody got a clue what this could be about.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

P.S. The Modelclass which keeps the NSMutableSet implements the KVC- Compliance Methods, if this is of any importance (My understanding is, it is only a matter of performance).