On Oct 28, 2009, at 5:37 AM, Matthew Lindfield Seager wrote:

If that is the case it would seem to imply that when A quits the
system looks for the "next" app. In this case "next" seems to be
determined in the same way command-tab chooses the "next" app.

Yup. This is basically the expected behavior. LSUIElement windows behave a bit oddly in this respect; you could call it an OS bug*, but it's been that way for years so I suspect the people in charge decided this was the right way to do it.

—Jens

*and I'd agree with you. It can make finding a buried window from such an app very difficult. I run into this with Last.fm, which puts up a window showing play info it's going to upload, and this window invariably ends up hidden behind other windows and can't be brought to the front without hiding every app until it shows up._______________________________________________