On 1-Nov-09, at 12:42 PM, Ben Haller wrote:

Hi all. I've got an NSTableView that I'd like to be editable. Even if I return YES from -tableView:shouldSelectRow: and YES from tableView:shouldEditTableColumn:row:, however, editing does not actually commence. The row selects, and I've confirmed with logs that both delegate methods are indeed getting called; the tableView seems to just decide not to start editing after all. No other console logs appear, so it's not a raise. Simply not implementing the two delegate methods mentioned above does not make any difference. The object value for cell that should enter editing is an NSString, and its cell is an NSTextFieldCell. Is there some additional step I have to take to make editing actually commence?

The title of this thread is a bit wrong, sorry about that. I was originally trying to figure out a way to allow editing without selecting, but when I realized I couldn't get editing to happen at all, in any case whatsoever, my focus shifted. :-> I am letting the row get selected as normal, and it seems to be selected correctly, as my first message says.

Ben Haller
Stick Software