On Nov 1, 2009, at 8:45 AM, thatsanicehatyouh...@mac.com wrote:

I'm trying to write code to avoid messages such as this:

<Error>: CGBitmapContextCreate: unsupported parameter combination: 8 integer bits/component; 16 bits/pixel; 1-component colorspace; kCGImageAlphaPremultipliedFirst; 352 bytes/row.

I only rarely get these now, but I want to make that "never". I'm pasting my code below that I have so far - can anyone suggest something better? (I'm working on an iPhone if it makes any difference.)

Do you need to match the source image so closely? In most situations it is perfectly acceptable to just flatten all images down to a single canonical format for your application rather than trying to base the final image format on the source image format. About the only thing I may consider doing is differentiating Grayscale/RGB/CMYK source images, but I would want specific reasons for going beyond that.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing