On Nov 3, 2009 3:44pm, Fritz Anderson <fri...@manoverboard.org> wrote:
On 3 Nov 2009, at 3:29 PM, lorenzo7...@gmail.com wrote:

The documentation for setAnimationDidStopSelector in the XCode 3.2.1: says this:

"...The message sent to the animation delegate after animations end. The default value is NULL. The selector should be of the form: - (void)animationDidStop:(NSString *)animationID finished:(NSNumber *)finished context:(void *)context. Your method must take the following arguments:..."

I created a method using this signature, but it was never called. I looked through some sample code from Apple and found at least one example that actually uses its own user defined selector that takes no arguments. Mimicking that, I created my own selector and that actually gets called. So my question is two fold:

1) Is this a bug in the documentation?

2) If I want the data that should be passed to the selector, how do I go about it?

Paste your code in which you set the delegate and the longer selector you want; also the callback you wanted Core Animation to use (you can omit the body of the method).

— F

Here's the code:

[UIView beginAnimations:@"display" context:NULL];
[UIView setAnimationDuration:0.30];
[UIView setAnimationDelegate:self];
[UIView setAnimationDidStopSelector:@selector(animationDidStop:finshed:context:)];

-(void)animationDidStop:(NSString *)animationID finished:(NSNumber *)finished context:(void *)context{...}

Thanks