On Nov 4, 2009, at 2:48 AM, Alexander Spohr wrote:

The parser CAN parse the timezone and adjust the date accordingly.

To parse this date:
20091021T121942+0200
I use this format:
yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmssZZZ
and it works fine.

The only thing you need is to find the right timezone format string.
Yours might be
yyyy'-'MM'-'dd'T'HH':'mm':'ssZ
Not sure if you need to '' the : and -
And I really don’t know if the Z at the end of your date is tr35-6 compatible.

Have a look at
http://unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-6.html#Date_Format_Patterns
for your format.

I have looked at that unicode doc. I tried many strings that seemed to conform to it, but nothing worked. Ingvar Nedrebo's suggestion did work, so that's that for the present. Off to other problems. _______________________________________________