On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Fritz Anderson <fri...@manoverboard.org> wrote:
> 1. The test in this for statement doesn't link, because the AppFolder's
> class doesn't appear in my object code. Is there a workaround for this?

Use +[SBApplication classForScriptingClass:].  So something like:

for (id curr = [self parent]; [curr isKindOfClass: [AppApplication
classForScriptingClass:@"folder"]]; curr = [curr parent]) {
       [returnedMutableArray insertObject: curr atIndex: 0];
}

> 2. It would be nice to put the above code into a -folderPath method in my
> own category of the SBObject subclass AppFolder. Again, the absence of the
> dynamic class from my object code prevents my implementing a category (am I
> right?). Is there a workaround for this? (I imagine it could be done by
> monkeying with the runtime, but I'd rather not if there's an easier way.)

You could use the runtime methods, or you could add a category to SBObject.

--Kyle Sluder