On 12 Nov 2009, at 08:43, Roland King wrote:

> are you definitely receiving a challenge the *second* time you run the app?
> It is possible that the server sends a cookie representing the login which
> the phone has now cached and is sending along with the request
> (automatically) which is failing the login.

Yes, I receive the challenge. In fact, after initially spotting the problem, I
implemented:

- (BOOL)connectionShouldUseCredentialStorage:(NSURLConnection *)connection
{
        return NO;
}

so in fact, I'm now seeing the challenge on each login attempt.

> One thing you could try to see if it's that is to find the cookie storage on
> startup and clean it out explicitly. That might then make the server do the
> challenge again.

When I try:
        NSArray *cookies = [[NSHTTPCookieStorage sharedHTTPCookieStorage]
cookiesForURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"www.some.url"]];

at application startup I receive an empty array, so it doesn't look like any
cookies are being stored.

Hmmm, and now I can change accounts without problems. I'll test some more, but
the most likely scenario is I was cooked when I was recently testing this.

Thanks for the suggestions Roland. I wasn't aware of NSHTTPCookie and
NSHTTPCookieStorage, so at least I picked up some new info. If I run into
trouble again with this, I'll follow up on this thread.

Cheers,
António