Nick Zitzmann wrote:
On Nov 12, 2009, at 10:44 AM, JongAm Park wrote:

  NSString *PlugInPath = [NSString stringWithString:@"/Library/Application
Support/Final Cut Pro System Support/Plugins/test3.valm"];

Apologies for being a little pedantic here, but calling +stringWithString: is
almost never necessary and in this case is just cluttering the autorelease
pool/garbage collector. You can set NSString pointers to NSString constants
with no problems.

It's intermediate code. I have good reason to use stringWithString or stringWithFormat. It was revised to hide something from original code, but I didn't want to change much to post the code to the mailing list. So, I used remainder from the original code.

Although it returns "errAuthorizationSuccess" in "authorize" method, when a file is to be
copied, it returns "fail" state and the file is not copied.
Can anyone help me to figure out why?

You cannot escalate the privileges of a running task on Mac OS X. So if a
running task does not have root privileges, then it never will.

Then how?
Should I use AuthorizationExecuteWithPrivileges() and invoke an external command like
"cp"?
I think it should be possible to copy files with proper privilege with Cocoa
calls.

Yes. Apple actually wants you to use AEWP() to run your own helper tool for
security reasons, though it's highly unlikely you'll run into problems by doing
direct invocations. Check the list archives for details.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>