Fritz Anderson wrote:

> Otherwise, it looks like I'm caught in a crack between AppleScript, 10.5
> Scripting Bridge, and Entourage. I may have to fall back to textual scripts
> (or, Lord help me, chains of AppleEvents and descriptors). It was nice while
> it lasted (and I should credit 10.6 for the improved handling).

Try objc-appscript (http://appscript.sourceforge.net); works on 10.4
and later, and closely mimics the way that AppleScript builds Apple
events so is far less prone to application compatibility problems than
SB. Implementation is reasonably solid (I need to deal with various
compiler warnings when building for 64-bit on 10.6, but 32-bit is
fine), and it's based on a very mature, proven design.

You also get better documentation and dev tools (ASDictionary and
ASTranslate). If you already know how to write a working command in
AppleScript, you will find ASTranslate especially helpful in
converting it to its ObjC equivalent.

HTH

has
--
Control AppleScriptable applications from Python, Ruby and ObjC:
http://appscript.sourceforge.net