Le 20 nov. 2009 à 20:46, Michael de Haan a écrit :

> I am working through an example in  Buck/Yacktman's book that uses an
> informal protocol.
>
> In the interface of of a custom class,  it is declared as such.
>

> #import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>
>

> @interface MyShapeEditorDocument : NSDocument
> {
>    ....ivars....
> }
> @end
>

> @interface NSObject(MYShapeEditingDocEditor)
>

> -(void) controllerDidEndEditing;
> @end
>

> In the implementation file it is defined, twice, thus.
>

> @implementation NSObject(MYShapeEditingDocEditor)
>
> -(void) controllerDidEndEditing
> {
>
> }
> @end
>
> and in the main body of the code, thus.
>

> @implementation MyShapeEditorDocument
>

> -(void) controllerDidEndEditing
> {
>    [[self myView] setNeedsDisplay: YES];
>    [[self table] reloadData];
> }
>

> Apple's docs say:  "When used to declare a protocol, a category interface
> doesn’t have a corresponding implementation. Instead, classes that implement
> the protocol declare the methods again in their own interface files and
> define them along with other methods in their implementation files."
> (http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/cocoa/Conceptual/ObjectiveC/Articles/ocProtocols.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30001163-CH15-TPXREF147)
>

> What I am not following is the seemingly double definitions. From the docs,
> it would seem that implementation is a 2 step process, not a 3 step as above,
> even though this is clearly correct. What is the essence that I am missing?

The usual way is to NOT implements the NSObject category and test if the
delegate implements the method using -respondsToSelector:
But this way works too if you don't want to have to test before sending your
message.

Anyway, informal protocols are "deprecated" in favor of @protocol with
@optional method.

-- Jean-Daniel