On Nov 20, 2009, at 14:02, Chase Meadors wrote:

> Thought I'd give the question another try. Any insight appreciated.

A while back, I wondered about the same thing, and found two things, both
relatively minor:

1. NSObjectController responds to 'commitEditing:' by committing all the
"editors" that are bound to it. As we've been discussing in another thread,
it's a convenience to be able to commit pending changes in the UI just by
sending 'commitEditing:' to a couple of NSController-subclass objects.

2. Leopard had a small bug in text field undo (well, redo, actually) that
didn't show up if you connected the text field to a NSObjectController instead
of directly to File's Owner. I have no idea if this is fixed in Snow Leopard.

You could also add a general:

3. Using NSObjectController makes in-NIB bindings consistent.
NSObjectController and (say) NSArrayController have common methods (such as
'selection') that have a trivial implementation in NSObjectController.

and a possible:

4. Using NSController options like 'Prepares content automatically' may be
useful to avoid glue code, in relatively simple cases where the option does
exactly what you want.