I am about to play around with something similar. In my iPhone app, I have some calls with boldSystemFontOfSize. But, for certain locales, it should be a plain font and the size may need to be tweaked.

I then had an idea to write a static method to obtain a font style and size based on locale. My thought was to come up with a key for each "style" and then have a localized property list file to store the styles for each locale.

Kinda like how you often have a CSS file for each locale your web site is localized to.

Sent from my iPhone