Hi list,

i'm trying to override an IKImageBrowserView to do some custom drawing but i'm
stuck.
What i try to accomplish is that when the view contains zero items, some custom
drawing happens like drawing an NSAttributedString that says "Drop items
here..."
Problem is that my drawing code gets never called.

Here's the drawRect method of my IKImageBrowserView:

- (void)drawRect:(NSRect)rect
{
        [super drawRect:rect];

        NSUInteger numItems = [[self dataSource]
numberOfItemsInImageBrowser:self];

        if(numItems <= 0)
        {
                NSLog(@"No items in me"); // This gets called, so i'm sure the
above code works

                NSRect bounds = [self bounds];
                bounds.size.width = 200;
                bounds.size.height = 200;
                bounds.origin.x += 200;
                bounds.origin.y += 200;

                //[NSGraphicsContext saveGraphicsState];

                [[NSColor yellowColor] set]; // Just for testing purposes
                NSRectFill(bounds);

                //[NSGraphicsContext restoreGraphicsState];

Uncommenting the NSGrahicsContext doesn't help either.

Anyone has any ideas or workarounds for this?
Thanks in advance,
Florian