On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:29:49 -0500, "Sean McBride" <s...@rogue-research.com>
said:
>Hi all,
>
>The docs for NSSlider's setAltIncrementValue: say "Sets the amount by
>which the receiver modifies its value when the knob is Option-dragged".
>It does not.
>
>Anyone using this successfully?
>
>This was asked 4 years ago, almost to the day.  No replies:
><http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2005/Dec/msg00316.html>
>
>I've noticed that since that post, IB no longer allows setting the value.
>
>My goal is to have a slider that can set values with some precision
>regardless of the on-screen size of the slider.  setAltIncrementValue
>would have helped (though it's not a very discoverable UI).

Isn't the problem just a documentation bug? setAltIncrementValue does work,
but it is about what happens when you option-click in the slider area, not
what happens when you drag the knob. Normally when you click in the slider
area, the slider jumps to where you clicked; with setAltIncrementValue, it
jumps the amount you set as the value (when you hold down the Option key and
click in the slider area). m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!