On Dec 4, 2009, at 7:47 PM, DeNigris Sean wrote:

> I'm writing a RubyCocoa app, but my question is on the Cocoa API...
>
> I'm trying to unit test a view class.  As it is very thin (just delegates all
> work to the controller), all I want to check is that my connections (e.g.
> outlets and actions) are hooked up correctly.
>
> I've been trying to:
> 1. Create an instance of my class
> 2. use NSBundle::loadNibFile: externalNameTable: withZone: to load the nib
> 3. check the connections

Really, the external name table is for referring to objects in nibs, rather
than pushing objects into nibs.

Furthermore, from your further description it sounds like what you’re referring
to as a “view” is actually a subclass of NSWindowController; it knows how to
load a nib file already, so you should just leverage that rather than try to do
it all yourself by hand.

All you should need to do is instantiate your window controller, invoke its
-window method to force it to load its associated nib file, and then check that
its outlets are wired up as you expect.

  — Chris