On Dec 8, 2009, at 6:38 PM, Rob Keniger wrote:

> Please see my bug report rdar://7139579 which includes a simple sample
> project. The performance on Snow Leopard is orders of magnitude slower than
> in 10.5.

As this is on 10.6.2, I’ve filed rdar://problem/7456424, referencing Rob’s
report.

> ...and I should point out that these issues were bad enough for me to
> completely abandon NSTreeController for my own lightweight tree controller
> class. I've never looked back, I spent m0re hours struggling with
> NSTreeController than I care to think about.

Considering the other issues I’m having with it, I suspect I’m headed down the
same path. For the record, this will be three for three times I’ve tried to use
NSTreeController in one of our apps and have been unable to do so.

Thank you, Greg and Rob, for your input. Maybe a fix for this can make 10.6.3,
with any luck.

Best,