Hello,

I'm trying to track the mouse in my custom NSCell subclass, which is
used to display the content of a NSTableView.  For that matter, I
override the following method:

- (BOOL)trackMouse:(NSEvent *)theEvent inRect:(NSRect)cellFrame
ofView:(NSView *)controlView untilMouseUp:(BOOL)flag;

The problem is that this method is never called for some reason that eludes me.

Here's more details about the application:
 - I use tracking rects (using NSView's
addTrackingRect:owner:userData:assumeInside: method).  I'm not using
NSTrackingArea because I want this thing to work on pre-Leopard
machines.
 - The mouseEntered:/mouseExited: methods are called properly for the
tracking rects.
 - My NSCell's are copied for tracking (inspired by the PhotoSearch
sample project).  In fact, the whole application resemble the
PhotoSearch project, the main difference being that I use tracking
rects instead of tracking areas.

I'm really perplexed by this.  Any insight would be useful.

Thanks,
Martin Cote