hello list

As I change the name of a File in Finder, neither
NSURLContentModificationDateKey nor NSURLAttributeModificationDateKey do
change.

I have an internal list of Files as NSURLs in my application and watch the
directory with FSEvents. I properly receive the notification that something in
the watched directory changed and can properly react if some content or some
metadata has changed (ie. Label). But how can i detect if the name has changed?

A few years ago I read an interesting and philosophical discussion: does the
name of a file belong to it's content or to it's metadata. It was very
controversially discussed and as I see now for NSURL, it actually does not
belong to any :-) so it's part of the URL itself. As i work only with
fileReferenceURLs i don't know how to determine the change.

thank you everybody for this superb mailing list.

regards

mahal