On 14/12/2009, at 10:00 PM, Graham Cox wrote:

> On 14/12/2009, at 9:56 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:
>
>> I have an NSTableView with just one column, filled by some NSArrayController.
>>
>> Initially the items are not in any recognizable order.
>> When I click on the NSTableHeaderView a triangle appears and now the items
>> are nicely sorted.
>>
>> Is it possible (either in InterfaceBuilder or programmatically) to make the
>> NSTableColumn start with this sorted behaviour?
>

> In your -awakeFromNib method, pass the sortDescriptors from the table view to
> the array controller.

I think I got that wrong - this is what I do (for example) in most of my table
views to establish an initial sorting. With NSArrayController, I'm not sure if
you need to explicitly pass the sortDescriptors also to that or whether it gets
them anyway through bindings.

        NSTableColumn* col = [mMetaTableView tableColumnWithIdentifier:@"key"];
        [mMetaTableView setSortDescriptors:[NSArray arrayWithObject:[col
sortDescriptorPrototype]]];

--Graham