I have a Core Data document based application.

Saving the file as XML or SQLite works fine.

Saving as binary results in an error: *** -[NSKeyedArchiver encodeValueOfObjCType:at:]: this archiver cannot encode structs.

The struct in question is a transformable attribute using a custom value transformer.

     - (id)transformedValue:(id)value
     {
          return [NSArchiver archivedDataWithRootObject:value];
     }

No where in my code do I call NSKeyedArchiver.

Why does the core data framework work fine saving as XML or SQLite but not binary?

--Richard