On 11 Dec 2009, at 17:57, Stephen Blinkhorn wrote:

I'm writing the Cocoa GUI for an audio unit plugin and I've run into a problem. In one host app I'm not receiving mouse events in my custom sliders/buttons etc. My drop down menus work fine but they are subclasses of NSPopUpMenu and NSPopUpMenuCell. The sliders are just NSControl subclasses. If I click on a text field then the containing window gets the focus and all my controls work as expected. I think the host should be setting the containing window's focus but it isn't and other plugins work ok in that host.

instead of doing this:

-(BOOL)acceptsFirstMouse {
        return YES;
}

try doing this:

-(BOOL)acceptsFirstMouse:(NSEvent*)event {
        [[event window] makeKeyAndOrderFront:nil];
        return YES;
}

Thanks,
Stephen