Thanks.  Those are relatively new.  I had forgotten about them.  I think
that did solve a few problems.  However, I found that it doesn't set the
container or frame length. Unfortunately, that API is private, so I had to
find another way.

I'm flipping text both H and/or V, scaling, and slow scrolling.  It still
has a few issues, but mostly works.