On Dec 17, 2009, at 7:22 AM, Richard wrote:

> i assume this is because with each new search result that is being retrieved
> and added to the core data model, the array controller is resorting the
> entire collection of search results? can anyone suggest a solution to this
> problem?

I've run into this too. My workaround was to disconnect the array controller
from the data model before doing the changes to the model, and then reconnect
it afterwards. (Or you could just turn off sorting instead of disconnecting the
controller entirely; but I've found that there can be other O(n^2) behaviors
triggered by multiple additions to the array, so it's safest to disconnect.)