On Dec 17, 2009, at 6:26 PM, PCWiz wrote:

> But I'm happy to say that I eventually found the cause of my problem. One of
> the frameworks I was using was compiled using "i386 ppc" set as the
> architecture. Setting this to "Standard (32-bit/64-bit Universal)" and
> recompiling the framework fixed it. Xcode seems to launch the app in 32 bit
> mode whether its in Debug or Release (because I have the Active Architecture
> set to i386). When launched from Finder, the app launches in 64 bit mode, and
> since that framework was not compiled with the x86_64 architecture it screwed
> up the app.

Xcode lets you set the architecture to execute, and projects brought forth from
earlier versions/OSes typically have a 32-bit target set as the architecture to
execute. New projects in Xcode 3.2/Snow Leopard should have x86_64 set as their
default executable target.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing