I have a document based Core Data app.

MyDocument.nib contains an NSTableView bound to an NSArrayController.
There also are "+" and "-" buttons, which send "add:" resp. "remove:" to the
array controller.

SomeEntity.m (subclass of NSManagedObject) implements validateForInsert:,
validateForUpdate: and validateForDelete: - none of which are ever called. Why?

What I try to accomplish:
SomeEntity has a property called "uniqueKey" and this is (no big surprise)
meant to be unique.

When the "UniqueKey" column in my table view gets edited,
validateUniqueKey:error: gets called, I check the new value for uniqueness and
all is fine.

But hitting the "+" button several times inserts several objects with the same
key (Default Value).

What should I do? How to make validateForInsert: get called? 10.6.2.

Kind regards,

Gerriet.