In getting quotes from many localization companies, I've found that some have
different processes.  For example, one company would prefer if I just provide
.string files.  During their QA process, they'll then run the app and look at
everything in context.

While generating .strings from nibs is easy to do, there's a problem in that
there seems to be no method of putting contextual comments into a nib.  And
there's no way I would hand-edit comments in the generated .strings files.

Thus, I'm wondering if it would ultimately be worth it to externalize all
strings from my nibs and just put everything in my single .strings file.  This
will clearly involve me adding tons of IBOutlet ivars just so that at runtime I
can set their text with NSLocalizedString APIs.

I still plan on having separate nibs though for each language (to account for
text bounds, font sizes, etc.)

How have others tackled localization?