That was a copy of the original call stack before I subclass NSScriptCommand.
If I subclass NSScriptCommand and call executeCommand from this subclass, then
the crash occurs as before, but of course the call stack changes accordingly.
Anyway I put breakpoints in my subclass' methods to make sure I get through
them.

I've found a workaround which anyway is the way I originally wanted scripting
to work. I have the document return an object of (say) FooClass through the
property foo. Then I declare an object-first command (say check) and implement
the command handler in the FooClass class. Then the applescript statement :

check foo of front document

does work fine. So I can't find a way of doing "check front document" using
NSScriptCommand's executeCommand but I can do so on an object contained by the
document...

Le 21 déc. 2009 à 03:19, Jerry Krinock a écrit :

> On 2009 Dec 20, at 13:50, François Guillet wrote:
>
>> EXC_BAD_ACCESS error :
>> #0  0x00007fff86951466 in -[NSScriptCommand _sendToRemainingReceivers] ()
>> #1  0x00007fff86951fe5 in -[NSScriptCommand executeCommand] ()
>> #2  0x00007fff8696902e in -[NSScriptingAppleEventHandler
>> handleCommandEvent:withReplyEvent:] ()
>
>> I implemented a subclass of NSScriptCommand used both for verb first or
>> object first command : everything works fine, I can call [[self
>> evaluatedReceivers] handleCommmand:self] from  executeCommand without any
>> problem. The EXC_BAD_ACCESS error, though, always happens if I try to call
>> NSScriptCommand's executeCommand.
>
> Not sure about the crash, but if you've subclassed NSScriptCommand, should
> not your subclass name appear in the call stack shown above, instead of
> NSScriptCommand?  In your sdef, have you specified your subclass to be the
> Cocoa Class of this command?

> This email sent to francois.guil...@wanadoo.fr

François