On Dec 21, 2009, at 22:02, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:

> I am trying to bind "editable" of an NSTableColumn to ObjectController
> tabView.selectedIndex
> (The tab view has two items: Read and Edit. When the first item is selected,
> my table column should not be editable).
>
> But I am told:
> [<NSTabView 0x10027d010> valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value
> coding-compliant for the key selectedIndex.
>
> On the other hand, the Cocoa Bindings Reference for NSTabView says:
> "selectedIndex
> An integer value that specifies the index of the selected item in the
> NSTabView. When the selection changes in the NSTabView, this value is updated
> with the index of the newly selected item."
>
> So: what is going on?
> And: how do I make my table column editable if and only if the first tab view
> item is selected?

"selectedIndex" is a binding, not a property. There is no NSTabView property
that makes the selected tab index available directly.

The simplest way to do this is probably to create an "isFirstTabSelected"
property in your window controller (tracking changes to the tab view state),
and bind the table column's "editable" binding to that property.