On Dec 22, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Eric E. Dolecki wrote:

> I have a view which controls it's UI when rotated. However, if there is a
> subView in place, it rotates and I'd like to control it's UI too. In my
> subView the willAnimateRotationToInterfaceOrientation doesn't get fired. I
> set up the shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation. Does my main view need to
> call something in my subView to get this to work? I'd think the subView
> would get the event too but it doesn't.

I assume you mean -willAnimateRotationToInterfaceOrientation:duration: which is
a method on UIViewController, not UIView. If not, your signature is wrong and
that method would never be called.

You'll need to manage your subviews from the controller when it receives the
message. That's what the controller is for: views themselves are not aware of
rotations.

Best,
Hank